Sunday, May 9, 2010

Notepad Tutorial

This is my first tutorial and it's a very simple and slick note pad. This is a great gift for friends and family and is uber quick to whip up ^.^ Enjoy~
Materials:
  • Sticky Notes
  • Craft glue
  • Scrapbook Paper [or in my case I used wrapping paper from Ikea]
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Marker
  • Brads
  • String
Steps:
  1. Cut the cardboard 2.5 times the length of your sticky notes and for the width .5mm plus the width of your paper. See Image
  2. cut your scrap book paper about 50% larger than the cardboard and glue them together. Once dry fold over the extra on the sides. I like to also put a layer of decoupage medium on each side as well, just to make it more durable.
  3. Put your sticky notes in the approximate middle of the cardboard and glue down. Score about 1/2mm away from the sticky notes and then the thickness of the pad away on the top and the bottom.

  4. Fold the cardboard to get the creases in and layer the cardboard like the image below.
  5. Cut out two circles out of some scrap cardboard and cover them in what ever paper of fabric of your taste. In my case I used aluminum foil.
  6. Poke a brad through the middle of the circle but don't open their legs yet!
  7. Poke the brad through your cardboard where ever you like and fasten them securely. Do so with the other on the other flap. Make sure one piece of cardboard overlaps the other and that none of the circles hit the opposite pieces of paper.
  8. Tie a piece of string on the top layer of cardboard and cut off the excess.
  9. Admire your finished product ^.^
I hope you all enjoyed my tutorial, I hope I explained everything clearly
Please comment if you have any queries or comments ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment