Saturday, September 1, 2012

I really love being inspired by...

Japanese fashion magazines.



I know it's kind of juvenile for someone of my age to be looking at Popteen or those magazines but I really love the Gyaru fashion. It's cute, simple, and in some cases, rather chic.


And GACKT, There can never be enough GACKT <3 p="p">As much as I love Gyaru fashion and makeup there is something I really have issues with which really, is only a few pages away.



Surgery Advertisements.

It's naive to think that these women have not had surgeries, whether it's for double eyelids, nose arching or breast improvement because, really, may of these are not the typical traits of the Japanese genetics.

But my biggest issue is the fact that these surgeries are being advertised within a magazine, whose demograph is 13-20. These women, [and in some cases men] are able to appreciate the fashion and makeup style, but in no way should be advertised so explicitly within a fashion magazine. I know, I know, "Ah you're so naive, of course these women get surgery" of course they do. Women of all ethnicities and races do, it's globally accepted, BUT  when it is targeted towards adolescent girls that's the main issue.

The acessibility to surgery is astounding, the prices, to my surprise are not even that high but it is those early influences at such a young age which really disturbs me.

"Ahh it's those girls' choices what they want to do to their bodies" Of course. I 100% agree. BUT once again these girls, at a young age, are being forced by negative pressures from society, to look a certain way or act another way is just terrible. Of course, by changing your fashion sense or wearing make-up or circle lenses is also an adjustment, but they are temporary, wheras surgery is something these women must live with.

Honestly, I am one of those people who thinks, All women and people are beautiful in their own way. What is treasure to one may not be to another, but I don't think taking the 'easy' way out with surgery is in anyway appropriate. If it's due to a medical condition then, you'd need that, but for purely cosmetic purpose I'm not appeased.

Women and men are free to make bodily adjustments, i think it's fine but I just think these social pressures put upon young girls is not appropriate.


Instead I think girls of this age should just perv at Satoh Takeru <3 a="a" especially="especially" href="http://thewarpingpenguin.blogspot.com">R0LAN

All for now~
Olivia

2 comments:

  1. FULL PAGE WIIIIFEFUUU
    omgee Gackt is mucho luv too >w<
    I'm gonna buy magz of my AMUSE boys now thnx to you XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess Ahhh He's so amazing!!!! Need to resize GACKT picture lol but His ad was like the page before the surgeries ;o; WHY BAD PLACEMENT
      You should!! Especially new years they have lots of sales!!

      Delete