Saturday, March 9, 2013

University of Sydney O-Week!!

Whoo! Today was the last day of my first week of University but this post is about the week before...//belatedposttt// Sydney Uni's O-Week, or orientation week.
The week is supported by the University of Sydney Union and they manage the social clubs and associations~


Now that oweek has left and lectures have started here's my recap of 2013 usyd oweek!


Day 1: Wednesday!!

Monday started early with catching the train up with kevin, arriving just before 9 and quickly signing up for my first club, SuAnime (ofcourse!) And then promptly heading off to an education lecture....


Post education orientation lecture Beatrice and I found each other and we went on a wander having a look at all of the clubs and societies which had stands and miscellaneous stands looking at products and services offered.


On day 1 I ended up signing up to; SuAnime, Scandinavian society, Chinese cultural appreciation society (chopsticks) and Japanese cultural appreciation society (wasabi). All of the people at the stands were so nice and I was pretty easily sucked into joining haha...


With Beatrice and John inside the Domo-kun suit!! It would have been a heater in there ><




Lunch with Beatrice at Seoul-ria!! It was soo nice >3<


After Lunch we headed to media asia to get some things (of which I am going to blog about next!!) and to Kinokuniya before we had to split~

It was sooo awesome hanging out with Beatrice!! She's one of the funniest, frank, hyper and chirpy persons I've ever met! Thank-you sooo much for hanging out with me ^o^


Day 2: Thursday!!


Thursday morning was more relaxing as I knew I was in for a day of listening to welcomes~ As soon as I got to uni I was talking to the members of SuAnime and CosSoc and had such an amazing time talking to A. from Cossoc!! It's soo awesome meeting Jrock/pop fans!!!!


Eating cotton Candy with Beatrice ^o^ We had to split up after this as I had an Arts lecture and Beatrice a Pharm one~



A surprisingly big turnout for a rather dim day~ Luckily there was no rain so no one was wet!


Yeah USyd has their own Quidditch club!! I watched a game and it looks so fun!!



Day 3: Friday

Man, Friday was just wet wet wet. From getting on at the station till I got home it was rain rain rain! I'm sure mum was happy she didn't have to water her garden ^o^


 Ahh the small turnout!! On the day most of the stalls were empty of people but filling with water! On the day I walked around talking to my unit professors and went on a tour of Fisher Library~


How I saw USyd on Friday~
After wandering around, Tim (who is now going to UTS) and I met up and caught lunch at Ajisen Ramen in Haymarket! The ramen there is sooo good and they were playing a Kat-tun concert (which it took me a while to figure out it was them D:)




The Katsu Ramen is sooo good!!

All in all it was a really fun week and I ended up joining 5 societies and hopefully I'll be active within them! ^o^
So far the first week of uni has flown by pretty well and I'm happy with all of my classes~ All of my peers are so nice and I've made a few friends within my classes ^3^

All for now~
I'll be posting a review soon hopefully~ Maybe tomorrow :O

Olivia

3 comments:

  1. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal
    floor levelling
    Polished concrete sydney
    concrete repairs
    concrete coatings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! This looks fun! The food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new
    stuff you post."

    Womens watches
    Mens Watches
    Designer Watches
    Brand Name Watches
    Cheap Watches

    ReplyDelete